Interview with Harry Campbell "The Ride Share Guy"
About Harry Campbell
Back in 2014 Harry was a full time aerospace engineer and part-time Uber and Lyft driver. Why did he do this? Because ride sharing sounded like a fun, flexible way to earn extra income — and we salute his side hustle completely!
Also it never hurts to diversify your income. Fast forward to today, Harry has a website called The Ride Share Guy and teaches drivers how to make the most amount of money when they’re out picking up passengers while avoiding headaches like in-car drinking and more. This is truly a man that’s not afraid to take a risk and as you’ll hear on the podcast, it has really paid off. So smash that play button above and get ready to take some notes!
Resources & Social Contacts
Join #HustleNation & Get Access To Our Success Kit!
What's the Success Kit? It's a collection of our best-selling guides and templates that teach you how to attract more leads, increase sales, create viral content & get in the best shape of your life!
No Spam! Your loyalty is important to us, and you can unsubscribe at anytime.
Show Notes & Episode Guide
- 1:00 – Harry’s reveals his story about how he became the face of ride sharing and the 2 things he credits for his success. The first, is being good at what he does and the 2nd is something that not many people talk about!
- 2:30 – Martin talks about the first time that he met Harry which led him to drive and then eventually write all about Uber and create a best selling book.
- 3:35 – Harry talks about his most important post about Uber (hint: it’s got nothing to do with making money, which is crazy)
- 4:35 – Harry talks about his other websites that he started which did ok, but didn’t really take off so he talks about what he learned that HELPED him succeed with The Rideshare Guy
- 5:15 – Sahil jumps into Harry’s numbers such as Traffic, Page-views, Distribution, Social Media and all the other juicy things you want to know
- 6:30 – The one thing Harry did which SPIKED his email list from 20,000 to 42,000 in just a few months using just one tool. This is crazy.
- 8:30 – How harry grew his YouTube audience and what type of media works well on VIDEO versus the topics he saves for the written format. This is absolute gold if you want to know on which platforms you want to put your content out on!
- 11:30 – Martin asks Harry the must lucrative way to make money while driving for Lyft or Uber
- 13:00 – Harry talks about how he makes money from his website and exactly how much he makes. You’ll know the complete dollar figure and the media kit that he releases.
- 14:30 – Martin talks about some of the hugest paid bonuses that he made from Uber (can you guess how much it was?)
- 17:50 – Harry talks about how much he charges someone to advertise on his website. So if your site is getting a similar amount of traffic that he’s getting, you can scale the way he does. It’s a great benchmark to aim for.
- 19:30 – Martin asks Harry how exactly to create a media kit that’s always, 100% current and updates itself in case you want to increase/change your prices.
- 21:30 – Harry shares how he made over $700 in just a few minutes of work. This is absolutely genius!
- 22:30 – Sahil asks Harry about the tech that enables all of this Ride Sharing and Harry’s expert opinion as a Rocket Enginner on how far away we are from COMPLETE autonomous driving. This is one answer you don’t want to miss if you’re a geek at heart and technology excites you.
- 24:50 – Sahl asks Harry how he’s going to pivot his website when there are no more ride share “guys” available in the next 5-10 years. His answer? Well let’s just say that there was a very good reason Harry is an engineer because what he says is thought out, smart and well executed.
- 27:00 – Martin asks Harry about trends and where he thinks the future is going.
- 29:00 – Sahil asks Harry about the TOP 3 mistakes that he’s made and what you can do to avoid them. (Out of the 3 the BIGGEST mistake Harry said people make is having crappy content. We couldn’t agree more. Tune in to find out the other 2)