Interview with Michelle from Making Sense Of Cents
Well today, we chat with Michelle Schroeder-Gardner from Making Sense of Cents who not only reveals exactly how she built an online business, but exactly how much she makes, down to the last cent. Hint: it’s over 7-figures annually!
We also talk about how her and her husband sold their home and now travel the country living out of a fancy RV. If her life sounds like one big giant adventure, then you would be correct! So smash that play button above to tune in to the episode.
Where You Can Find Michelle
Join #HustleNation & Get Access To Our Success Kit!
What's the Success Kit? It's a collection of our best-selling guides and templates that teach you how to attract more leads, increase sales, create viral content & get in the best shape of your life!
No Spam! Your loyalty is important to us, and you can unsubscribe at anytime.
Show Notes & Episode Guide
- 1:00 – We go over Michelle’s income report (which she freely releases online) and her story of how she got started
- 2:22 – Michelle talks about the job she USED to have before professionally blogging
- 2:40 – Sahil asks Michelle how she made her first sale online
- 4:30 – Martin asks Michelle about the ins and ours of affiliate marketing and the RIGHT way you need to make money off it. Hint: It’s not as easy or simple as you’ve been lead to believe.
- 6:45 – Sahil asks Michelle about how new bloggers can start making money by reaching out to brands. This tip is valuable if you’ve never been paid to write before.
- 8:05 – Michelle talks about the importance of finding a good affiliate manager and how they can actually help you make great content that will put more money in YOUR pocket. Priceless advice.
- 8:40 – Sahil asks Michelle what her biggest mistakes were when she started blogging and what she would do differently today if she were to start all over again. This is great advice for those that are new to the online game.
- 11:48 – Sahil asks Michelle “if blogging didn’t exist, what would you be doing right now?”
- 12:20 – For someone who makes 6 figures, you’d think Michelle lives in some fancy home. But she doesn’t — she and her husband travel the country in an RV! You have to hear all about this.
- 14:00 – We take a slight tangent and hear Michelle’s story about she started living the RV life! This is something we were considering.
- 16:30 – Sahil asks Michelle about the tools that she uses and couldn’t live without that helps her run a successful online business.
- 19:19 – Michelle talks about Pinterest and why we need to get on it. We also talk about her traffic breakdown.
- 21:50 – Sahil asks Michelle if she’s doing any paid advertising and what her favorite tips are
- 22:50 – Sahil asks Michelle how big her email list is (forewarning: its HUGE) and her favorite tips to help increase open rates so people actually read what you send out.
- 23:56 – Martin asks Michelle what it took to put an online course together. If you are looking to teach something online, this is some very valuable advice.