Launch multiple companies to 7 figures in revenue with Jim Huffman
What would you do if someone told you that they were going to launch not just one, but three different companies, and the goal was to get each of them to 7 figures in revenue? Would you call them crazy? Overconfident? Check if its April 1st?
Well we did all three things at first, but then quickly realized that our guest Jim Huffman is the real deal and actually did all the things your just read. And in this episode he shares all the golden nuggets of wisdom that he picked up along the way as well as revealing some mistakes and weaknesses… because he is human, after all!
Jim is the CEO of GrowthHit, One Day Design, & Handsome Chaos. He is also the host of a podcast called If I Was Starting Today and is the best-selling author of The Growth Marketer’s Playbook. Jim has grown two startups from idea to over $10M in sales, spent over $4M on Facebook ads and lead workshops at Fortune 500 brands like FedEx, Oreo, Hot Wheels & Intuit.
Join #HustleNation & Get Access To Our Success Kit!
What's the Success Kit? It's a collection of our best-selling guides and templates that teach you how to attract more leads, increase sales, create viral content & get in the best shape of your life!
No Spam! Your loyalty is important to us, and you can unsubscribe at anytime.
Show Notes & Episode Guide
- 1:02 – Sahil asks Jim the big question right off the bat: Why did he decide to launch 3 companies!
- 2:45 – How Jim manages to actually run his companies and talks about the delegation structure
- 5:00 – Jim talks about one of his companies’ weaknesses, how it affected them and what they are learning from it
- 6:10 – Some golden nuggets from Jim about what he learned about producing physical products and manufacturing
- 8:05 – Jim explains how he validated his physical product so you don’t waste time and money on a dud
- 8:40 – Martin asks Jim about his thoughts on launching a quality product vs a fast product that’s still rough around the edges
- 11:00 – Martin asks Jim if it’s possible to make up for a product’s low quality with high quality marketing
- 14:20 – We talk about how one of Jim’s companies hit the $2million in revenue mark and what he learned from it
- 16:00 – We chat with Jim about the importance of having high quality staff members and why they are worth their price
- 18:00 – Jim talks about the importance of a project manager and why he avoided hiring one for the longest time
- 18:50 – Martin asks Jim whether a new business should aim to be everywhere or focus on a single channel in order to grow
- 22:12 – Sahil asks Jim about how to get started with Facebook ads with a small budget and maximize results
- 25:20 – Martin asks Jim what makes a “good” creative ad that hooks a user’s attention
- 29:15 – We ask Jim about one of his companies called One Day Design and how they make websites so fast
- 30:55 – The 3 things people can do to increase conversion rates on their website and get people to say YES (this advice is gold)
Enjoyed This Episode? Leave Us A Review!
Fellow Hustler, if you enjoyed this episode and found value in the FREE content we provide, please do us a quick favor and leave us a positive rating on iTunes, Stitcher or whatever your favorite podcast player of choice happens to be.
Also, don’t be afraid to leave your honest feedback, questions or comments below — we read each and every single one!