How To Build A Successful Start Up Without Knowing How To Code!
One of the most common excuses we hear from people who don’t want to execute on an online business idea is: “I don’t know how to code”. This used to be valid reason 10 years ago, but now it’s simply an excuse. Don’t believe us? Then be sure to smash that play button above to check out our interview with Chad Sakonchick.
He has built multiple businesses and start ups using simple no-code apps and tools that cost pennies on the dollar. This means you can launch your idea as a solo operation without needing an expensive dev team. This episode will be a wake up call for anyone who thinks they can’t start something, just because they aren’t technically savvy.
Show Notes & Episode Guide
- 1:30 – A little about Chad’s history, and how he became the entrepreneur he is today, running multiple tech start ups without knowing how to code
- 2:30 – Chad goes into the history of Upwork. You won’t believe what it used to be called back in the day!
- 5:35 – Chad reveals how he was able to find out what his customers needed and the pain points they were suffering from (this is huge if you want to successfully close the sale)
- 9:52 – How Chad came up with the idea to start Better Legal (a successful company that helps businesses file for LLC while saving them hundreds of dollars).
- 12:00 – Chad goes over the challenges of working with front end and back end developers. If you’re going to be hiring your own team, this is some very valuable info!
- 14:32 – Sahil and Chad talk about the differences between being a business operator and a skilled specialist.
- 18:40 – Chad reveals how he has re-built Better Legal’s entire system using a no-code tool called Bubble. Sahil asks Chad if there are downsides to “putting all of your eggs in one basket?”
- 20:24 – Chad reveals the sneaky psychological trick that YouTube uses to make you THINK their website is loading fast… when in fact, it is actually loading much slower than normal.
- 22:50 – How long did it take for Better Legal to transfer their entire custom coded system over to Bubble? You’ll be shocked at the answer!
- 28:24 – Sahil asks Chad about his brand new product: Productivity Sweet and how it’s different from current products like Asana, Notion and more.
- 38:50 – Sahil and Chad talk about the importance of having a User Interface that’s easy to navigate for customers. If you’re looking into building your own app, be sure to listen to this advice of what NOT to do.
- 41:18 – Sahil asks Chad some rapid fire questions such as: books he recommends, apps he can’t live without and more!
- 42:10 – Chad talks about a Virtual employee that he’s worked with for 17 years. You won’t believe how disconnected, yet effective this relationship is. Just goes to show that good people are invaluable.
Enjoyed This Episode? Leave Us A Review!
Fellow Hustler, if you enjoyed this episode and found value in the FREE content we provide, please do us a quick favor and leave us a positive rating on iTunes, Stitcher or whatever your favorite podcast player of choice happens to be.
Also, don’t be afraid to leave your honest feedback, questions or comments below — we read each and every single one!