How Jason Vitug Turned Job Burnout Into Financial Freedom
If you ask the average person what it means to be “successful,” most will tend to say that you need to have a lot of money in the bank (or be bringing in lots of money every year). However, what happens when you get that paper… but everything else seems to be falling apart? What happens when following your dreams leads to job burnout?
That’s where our guest, Jason Vitug, comes in to save the day! He is a wellness advocate and bestselling, NY Times-reviewed author of two books: Happy Money Happy Life and You Only Live Once. He’s the founder of phroogal.com and is an award-winning creator of the Road to Financial Wellness project. Jason is a certified Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion expert, holds the Psychology of Financial Planning certification, and is also a certified yoga teacher and breathwork specialist. Jason focuses on a holistic approach where money isn’t the goal; money is the tool to help achieve the goals and live a life that’s meaningful.
So be sure to hit that play button, as this is one eye-opening episode you don’t want to miss!
Resource Links For This Episode
- Book: Happy Money, Happy Life
- Book: You Only Live Once
- Jason’s Business Website: www.phroogal.com
- Jason’s Personal Website: www.jasonvitug.com
- Instagram: @jasonvitug
- Twitter: @jasonvitug
- LinkedIn: @jasonvitug
Show Notes & Episode Guide
- 2:10 – Martin asks Jason why he disappeared for a while, and what he was up to (hint: he was burnt out; see what he did to turn things around)
- 3:11 – Sahil asks Jason what he thinks is the reason for the overworked/burnout phase that most entrepreneurs face
- 8:30 – There’s a common misconception that you can’t get burnt out when doing the work you love. Jason feels that this narrative is false, and explains how to go about it
- 9:55 – After Jason had “made it” (become a sought after speaker, sold lots of books etc.) he realized that he did so at the determent to his well being. You’ll never guess what the doctors told him!
- 11:20 – Sahil asks Jason to summarize his two books: You Only Live Once and Happy Money, Happy Life
- 14:25 – Martin asks Jason what he recommends for people who say that they “don’t have time” or are just too busy to handle their well being while also trying to become financially independent
- 15:55 – Sahil asks Jason to provide his best advice for people who are really struggling with even the basic necessities right now (like putting food on the table). Should they focus on money, or should they focus on wellbeing? What comes first?
- 19:18 – Jason explains the reason behind why he became an Amazon delivery driver!
- 20:26 – After listening to the point above, Sahil explains why he almost became a Starbucks employee (you’ll never guess the reason why; this is wild!)
- 24:00 – Martin asks Jason about his bankruptcy and how he overcame this hurdle and went on to become a successful author and speaker
- 27:15 – Sahil asks Jason what new entrepreneurs need to be aware of when it comes to litigation, and how to handle being sued!
- 33:15 – Sahil asks Jason about all the business systems and tools that he uses to keep his business running. These are some best practices everyone should be aware of!
- 37:00 – Jason reveals where you can find him on social media and where to buy his newest book: Happy Money, Happy Life (we highly recommend grabbing a copy!)
Enjoyed This Episode? Leave Us A Review!
Fellow Hustler, if you enjoyed this episode and found value in the FREE content we provide, please do us a quick favor and leave us a positive rating on iTunes, Stitcher or whatever your favorite podcast player of choice happens to be.
Also, don’t be afraid to leave your honest feedback, questions or comments below — we read each and every single one!