Cody Berman Explains How To Sell Digital Products On Etsy & Build Truly Passive Income!
Cody Berman is a digital nomad who quit his corporate job to pursue entrepreneurship full-time and now boasts a net worth of $3 million.
He started selling digital products in 2018 and became hooked after earning $700+ in one week! In this episode, we talk about how he makes completely passive income by selling printables on Etsy!
Not sure what digital printables are? Does it sound a little gimmicky? We don’t blame you, but tune in to find out how you can do the same, even if you have ZERO design experience. Out of all the side hustles you can start, this one is as low risk and FUN as it gets!
Show Notes & Episode Guide
- 1:30 – Martin asks Cody how he achieved a net worth of over 3 million dollars
- 2:22 – Sahil asks Cody to describe what Etsy is and how it differs from other platform for selling products like Amazon.
- 3:54 – Sahil and Cody discuss the difference between digital design sales and “print on demand”. While these two sound similar, they are entirely different business models.
- 5:10 – Martin asks Cody if someone can start a business like this even if they have zero design experience or ability
- 6:12 – Sahil asks Cody about his workflow and how he takes his vision or idea and turns it into a digital product, ready for sale online.
- 10:07 – Cody gives some really genius advice about how to actually find opportunities in life and come up with products that people will actually want to buy! (hint: people are lazy, and this means you can make money!)
- 11:46 – Sahil asks Cody about how Etsy as a platform protects its creators from imitators who will try and rip off your idea.
- 14:40 – Sahil asks Cody about Etsy’s algorithm and if there is anything you can do to help your products stand out from the competition.
- 16:57 – While Etsy has its benefits, Sahil asks Cody if there are any downsides to using Etsy and if there are any products that simply don’t work well on that platform.
- 19:08 – Cody talks about how he used to be in the physical product business by manufacturing and selling frisbees for disc golf. He also talks about why he will never go back to selling physical products again (lol)
- 22:48 – Martin asks Cody how he separated the connection between time and money so he can have ultimate freedom
- 23:50 – Like every other great entrepreneur that we have had on our podcast, Cody talks about the importance of living frugal and within your means (especially if you’re just starting out)
- 27:50 – Sahil asks Cody about his course that teaches people how to sell digital printable products on Etsy and what people can expect to learn. Cody being the nice guy that he is, instead offers some free tips in order to avoid being salesy (did he forget the name of this podcast? lol)
- 30:00 – Martin asks Cody one final question: What’s some side hustles that people should avoid if its their first time getting into online business? (Cody’s answers here are GOLD, so be sure to tune in)
Enjoyed This Episode? Leave Us A Review!
Fellow Hustler, if you enjoyed this episode and found value in the FREE content we provide, please do us a quick favor and leave us a positive rating on iTunes, Spotify or whatever your favorite podcast player of choice happens to be.
Also, don’t be afraid to leave your honest feedback, questions or comments below — we read each and every single one!