Instagram Growth Strategies w/ Megan Wright
Our North American lives are so go-go-go that we sometimes forget it’s not sustainable. What exactly does this have to do with growing your Instagram following?
Well realizing this fact is exactly what led Megan Wright to take a year off to travel while deciding to share her experiences with the World… and she ended up exploding her Instagram account from a few thousand to over 70k.
But her growth was no accident. Tune in as she shares her latest Instagram tips and tricks while also talking about how to avoid burn out if you are currently working at a job.
Show Notes & Episode Guide
- 2:00 – Megan talks about how her Instagram account went from a few thousand to over 60k
- 5:00 – Megan talks about the one piece of advice to grow your Instagram that she actually ignored for years… and why you shouldn’t make the same mistake that she did.
- 6:40 – How Megan found a gap in the travel market to help her stand out from the crowd.
- 9:39 – Megan shares which features of Instagram are likely to be a hit, and which types of posts you should avoid as they are a waste of time.
- 13:15 – How you can use “trending” audio to increase exposure for your reels. However, you don’t want to use something that’s being used by millions of accounts. Megan has a very smart strategy to help you find sounds and audios that are up and coming, but not fully mainstream!
- 16:42 – Megan talks about the importance of hashtags vs your Instagram caption and how relevant SEO is to the discovery of your post
- 22:30 – Martin and Megan talk about the difference between entrepreneurship and having a career. Especially for content creators who have a full time job.
- 23:45 – Megan talks about how she monetizes her Instagram account along with her future plans to complete go job-free.
- 28:15 – Martin asks Megan how she handles criticism and hate that inevitably comes from being a content creator who puts their work out there.
- 30:00 – Martin asks Megan about gap years (a term not popular in North America) and why she decided to take it on.
Enjoyed This Episode? Leave Us A Review!
Fellow Hustler, if you enjoyed this episode and found value in the FREE content we provide, please do us a quick favor and leave us a positive rating on iTunes, Spotify or whatever your favorite podcast player of choice happens to be.
Also, don’t be afraid to leave your honest feedback, questions or comments below — we read each and every single one!